Frequently Asked Questions

At USRoper, the safety of our Members and their equine athletes are our top priority. Our goal is to help keep you and your equine athlete on the road. Whether you’re traveling 20 miles or 500 miles, we will be there for anything you need along the way. We want to help you get to the practice pen, jackpot, or rodeo. We understand that roping isn’t just a hobby, it’s a lifestyle and livelihood.

USRoper endeavors to provide complete and precise information in all communications. The USRoper Membership Agreement governs the relationship between USRoper and its Members, and provides the complete and accurate description of benefits, and shall be deemed to control in the event of any inconsistencies.

Signing Up

How much does a USRoper Membership cost?
The annual membership fee for a Primary USRoper member is $199. 

When does USRoper coverage take effect?
Membership(s) will be effective 24 hours after joining. An e-mail confirmation provides each new Member’s membership number, ID card and the emergency phone number. 

Member Benefits

How far will USRoper tow? The towing benefit is 100 miles or $400, whichever comes first. The same tow benefit is also available for the trailer.  Total benefit $800.  

How many disablements am I allowed each year? There is no set limit on the number of disablements per year; however, in order to maintain fair and reasonable membership fees for all members, USRoper reviews all unusual frequency of claims based on the average number of Member claims. Usage of services considered excessive may result in limitations on the number of claims allowed, non-renewal, or cancellation of membership. Excessive use of the plan usually indicates a vehicle is in need of maintenance or repair.

Does USRoper have coverage in my area? Yes. As a USRoper Member, you have an extensive network of dedicated service professionals ready to assist throughout the United States and Canada. Additionally, at USRoper we pay the service providers’ “going rate” and can go outside our network, if necessary.

How does your emergency stabling work? When you have an emergency that requires an unscheduled overnight stay, we will contact local stabling facilities to arrange stabling for your Horse(s). Costs associated with emergency stabling are not covered. Please click here if you would like to join our stabling database.

Who is Covered?

Does this Membership cover any member of my family? No. USRoper Membership is for the named member. Eligible family Members, such as dependent children, and a spouse or domestic partner, may be added to any plan as an Associate Member.

What if my friend or employee is driving my truck and trailer? At USRoper, we cover our members in any non-commercial vehicle they are traveling in, even if they are not driving, but the member must be present for coverage to be applicable. If you are not present, this situation would not be eligible for coverage under your membership. The person driving your truck would need their own USRoper membership to be covered. 

I occasionally haul my travel/ roping partner’s Horse. Am I covered? Yes. We will provide roadside assistance no matter the ownership of horses as long as our member is present. USRoper coverage is not applicable for commercial carriers or haul for hire; and the Emergency Trip Interruption Veterinary Services is only offered to horse(s) owned by the member.

Can I add my spouse or child at a discounted rate? Yes. Individual Members can add Associate Memberships at the reduced rate of $79 annually. 

How do you define an Associate Member? An Associate Member is your spouse or domestic partner who is a resident of the same household; your child, who is a resident of the same household and under the age of 19; or your child, whose primary residence is the same household, and who is a tax dependent of the “Member,” is considered a full-time student at an accredited college or university, and is 25 years of age or younger.

What is the difference between a Primary and an Associate Membership? There is no difference in coverage. An Associate Member enjoys all the same valuable USRoper benefits and coverage as Individual/Primary Members – at a reduced rate. 

Vehicles Covered

Does USRoper cover my truck and trailer?  Yes and no. We cover the truck and trailer when the Member is present. USRoper Membership follows the Member – not a particular vehicle or trailer.

Will you tow a loaded horse trailer?  Yes, we will tow your trailer whether it is empty or loaded with your Horse(s). If your trailer can no longer be used to safely transport your animal(s), we will help locate Alternative Transportation. Alternative Equine Transportation costs are the responsibility of the Member.

Does USRoper cover me only when I am towing my horse trailer? No, we cover you, as the Member, in any non-commercial, roadworthy vehicle you are in, regardless of whether you are towing a horse trailer – or whether you are driving. Our Members only need to be present in the vehicle at the time of disablement for coverage to be applicable. The only vehicle(s) we do not cover are motorcycles, mopeds, scooters, or tractors.

Will you cover me if I am towing my Horse trailer with my motor home? Yes, we will cover you if you are in a motorhome.

Will USRoper cover me when I tow my non-horse trailer?  Yes, we will tow any non-automotive vehicle that is towed by a Motorized Vehicle, as long as they are not being used for commercial purposes.

Does USRoper cover vehicles with dual wheels? Yes, as far as we know, USRoper is the only motor plan that will service vehicles with dual wheels.

I just purchased a new horse trailer. Do you need the make and model? Congratulations on your new acquisition! You do not need to contact us, as we do not keep track of tow vehicles and/or horse trailers. We cover you in any non-commercial vehicle you are traveling in, even if you are not driving – you only need be present. However, when you do purchase a new trailer, we’d be happy to supply you with some new trailer safety decals upon request. It is also important to know the specs of each trailer you are traveling with – the height, weight, and length – and recommend you have that information available at the time of service.

Road Service

Must I disconnect the trailer for service? Disconnecting a trailer from a tow vehicle with animals should only be done as a last resort. As you can imagine, each situation is different. We prefer to attempt a repair and avoid towing when possible – especially when animals are aboard. When towing is the only course, we have had great success towing a truck and trailer in tandem to a place of safety where a repair can be made, and/or other options can be explored. Our primary concern is getting you and your Horse(s) off the highway and to a place of safety.

Do your service personnel have experience with horses? No. Providing service to all of the United States and Canada makes it impossible for us to utilize only personnel that are experienced with horses. However, our Member Care Specialists are specially trained and our service personnel are experienced in automobile service, towing and recovery.

How long does it take for help to arrive after I call USRoper? Our average Estimated Time of Arrival is 45 minutes, which is well below the industry standard. It usually takes around 10 minutes for a Member Care Specialist to gather your membership and vehicle information, and type of service, and then another 10 minutes to find a Service Provider. Thus, our average total wait time is just over an hour. However, in the unusual event that you can get someone else to reach you more quickly, we’ll reimburse you or gladly issue a purchase order so you can sign and drive.

What kind of service vehicle will you send out? Our Member Care Specialist will inquire about the nature of your disablement and the type of vehicle you are calling about and dispatch a service vehicle capable of the services needed.

What if USRoper cannot locate a service provider to help me? In rare cases, our members are able to obtain service before our in-house dispatch team can locate an available service provider. In those cases, our members pay for the service. The member then contacts the Administrative Office for a Request for Reimbursement form. The form and an original receipt (which is marked paid and is in the member’s name) should be mailed to USRoper within 30 days of the incident. We will reimburse the member up to the benefit limit.

What if I cannot be with my vehicle? For several reasons, including security and liability purposes, our Membership Agreement specifies that the member must be present when service is rendered.

Can I call ahead for service? Regretfully, we do not permit advanced reservations for service. When you are ready for service, simply dial the emergency number on the back of your card and we will be pleased to assist you.


How do you define Commercial Use? As it relates to our program, Commercial Use is defined as transporting horses for profit.

My vehicle has commercial license plates. Do I qualify for USRoper Membership? Yes, our commercial restrictions pertain to the actual use of the vehicle.

I’m a trainer and haul horses for clients. Am I covered? Yes. We will provide roadside assistance no matter the ownership of horses as long as our member is present. USRoper coverage is not applicable for commercial carriers or haul for hire; and the Emergency Trip Interruption Veterinary Services is only offered to horse(s) owned by the member.    


Will USRoper replace my existing auto insurance? No. USRoper does not serve as automobile insurance. USRoper is a motor plan that provides emergency roadside assistance and other equine travel benefits. (For a list of benefits, see the membership area of this website.)

Will my current motor plan assist me when towing my horse trailer? We are not aware of any other motor plan that provides coverage for animals being towed in trailers. However, we recommend that you contact your current motor plan to inquire about their coverage or review their service contract.

My current motor plan doesn’t cover horses, but I trust them. Why should I switch? We are in our 20th year of operation, and we handle thousands of disablements annually with great precision. Moreover, we have attained one of the highest member satisfaction ratings in the motor plan industry. USRoper is a motor plan created for ropers by people who understand the importance of going from one jackpot to another.

Who should belong to USRoper? Anyone who owns, or has the potential for traveling with, a horse.

Is USRoper Membership guaranteed? The USRoper Member Benefits are clearly detailed with no fine print in our Membership Agreement, which is provided in the member area of our website. If you are not completely satisfied with the USRoper roadside assistance program, you may cancel your membership within thirty (30) days from the date of application and receive a full refund of the annual Membership Fee, provided you have not requested any road services, relocated, or rejoined, in which case we will deduct any road service fees paid on behalf of the member, and/or refund on a pro-rata basis. To do so, send an email to memberservice@usroperdev.wpengine.com with Your Member ID number, full name, address, and clearly state that you wish to cancel your membership and the reason why. If You wish to cancel after thirty (30) days, follow the same procedure and You will receive a pro-rata refund of any unused portion of the Membership Fee and it will come in the form of Your most recent transaction (check or credit card). 

How does your program work? As a USRoper Member, when you have a disablement, simply call the emergency toll-free number on your Membership card and a service vehicle will be dispatched to your location.

Is there a deductible? No. Our Members simply sign and drive up to the plan’s covered limits. In rare instances, a service provider may require payment for overages, which should be advised prior to receiving services. Some services, such as a Mobile Mechanic or Winch-Out, operate on an hourly basis in which only an estimate will be given for services.

Do you provide trip planning? No. However, when you have an emergency we will help arrange emergency stabling.